Josh Hilgers is the nation’s top, award-winning expert involving private health care exchanges, as well as the tax and legal structures of benefit plans. His pioneering work on behalf of the use of defined contribution plans is a major financial advantage for employers and employees throughout the United States. A gifted speaker, Josh makes this issue of health care reform intelligible, informative and exciting for a diverse array of business people, journalists and citizens alike. He is also a frequent writer, with featured articles and reviews in outlets such as Employee Benefits Adviser, CDHC Solutions, Health News Digest and Benefits Selling Magazine, among others. As a radio guest, Josh brings his customary insight – and eloquence – to bear on this subject, with guest slots on The Lee Davis Show, Entrepreneur Network Radio and The Michael Hart Show.
- Creator of the first national, broker friendly private exchange with 100+ successful implementations
- Frequent expert for Radio stations nationally such as The Lee Davis Show, and The Michael Hart Show
- League of Leaders of the Institute for Healthcare Consumerism inductee
- Recipient of Innovator Award for contributions to consumer directed health care
- National Association of Health Underwriters Certified Consumer Directed Health Care Instructors
Josh has trained over 10,000 insurance professionals, financial advisors and benefits experts in the last three years alone. In his current role as Director of Strategy and Development at VelaPoint Insurance, he’s connecting brokers to the company’s products, technology, enrollment services, and strategies to meet ALL the insurance needs of their clients and create greater profits.